Embedded Systems Student Research Group (or SKN MIPSA as abbreviated from the full polish name) was established on the 15th of October 2004. From the very beginning we are working under the supervision of the Medical Electronics Division (part of the Institute of Electronics) at the Lodz University of Technology. Every student of our University, regardless of his or her field of study, previous knowledge or skills, can take a part in our workshops, meetings, engineering and research projects.
Our goal is simple - learn about and develop autonomous embedded systems such as:
- control and measurement systems,
- acquisition and signal processing systems,
- intelligent building systems,
- wired and wireless communication systems for microprocessor devices.
In our engineering and research projects we use (among many others):
- AVR, 8051, MSP430, PIC, ARM7TDMI, ARM Cortex-M3, ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers and microprocessors,
- TMS320 (Texas Instruments, C5000 and C6000 series) digital signal processors,
- 433/868MHz ISM, 2,4GHz ISM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, GSM wireless communication modules/ICs,
- RS232/485, CAN, LAN wired communication modules/ICs,
- air-pressure, acceleration, gyroscope, etc. Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS).